Dear Development Team
A User ("standard" or "administrator") is the main responsible for file content's GDPR compliance.
A file metadata is just one of the items to which GDPR rules must be applied.
- help a non-technological oriented user to remove metadata from his/her files
- easy the administrator tasks related to metadata removal
by offering an option to auto-remove the metadata
- upon the file (images,...) upload
- after the file upload
- in phpMyFAQ generated PDF files present
- in the PDF contents - an inserted image may contain its original metadata
- in the PDF's file itself - perhaps not the most frequent action on a FAQ system
It seems that phpMyFAQ already has components that may perform this task.
In the case of an administrator, a large number of file (and type) metadata may be removed or edited by a specialized tool.
A good example is the powerful platform-independent
"ExifTool by Phil Harvey"
(written in Perl)
Please notice that
the software and other resources referred are based in our experiments: we don't officially recommend and/or endorse them.