FAQ Permissions - Search

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

somebody2

FAQ Permissions - Search

Post by somebody2 »

I have a category that has restricted access for a specific group. The category does not show up in the category tree on the left side for users not in the group, but FAQs in the category show up when a user outside the group performs a search, and they can click on that FAQ and open it. The FAQs also show up the in the Latest FAQs list.

I can fix this by going through every FAQ in the category and restrict access to each FAQ, but that kind of defeats the purpose of assigning category permissions.

Is there a way to get FAQs to inherit group permissions? I am using phpMyFAQ 2.7.4.
Thorsten

Re: FAQ Permissions - Search

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

we'll add this in version 2.8, it's a bigger code change.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
trf000

Post by trf000 »

I'll take the request/question a step further. Right now the restrictions seem to be for viewing only. is it possible that this could be extended to editing/creating FAQ's so a user in a group can edit create FAQ's for category A but not category B. and in fact, when creating the FAQ, category B is not an option.

I want our FAQ's to be viewable to all anonymous visitors, but i need the content more decentralized and restricted to users/groups.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

should be possible with some tweaks of the current code base. Please add your feature request here: https://github.com/thorsten/phpMyFAQ/issues

Thanks!

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist