Forward proxy prolem

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

ubellavance

Forward proxy prolem

Post by ubellavance »

Hi,

When we have traffic from workstations to the phpMyFAQ application go through our forward proxy, there are problems in the admin interface. The problem is that the WYSIWYG editor's window doesn't show correctly. Actually, it is quite hard to diagnose because it is intermittent. I can remember that with Internet Explorer, we get the "Internet Explorer cannot display this page" error message. We also tried Firefox, it worked for a while and then got complains again. I finally decided to have the traffic bypass the proxy until I find a solution. If needed, I could try to reproduce the problem.

We're currently running 2.7.9,and planning to upgrade soon. If there is a possible fix in the latest version I'll wait for the upgrade and see.
Thorsten

Re: Forward proxy prolem

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

ouch, any hints on how I can help would be great.

Cheers
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
ubellavance

Post by ubellavance »

Hi,

Well, the first thing that I was looking for is whether the latest has an improvement over mine that could help. Reading between the lines, I think not. Is phpmyfaq using Tinymce as WYSIWYG? Has it changed (software or version) in time? I'll start researching about his editor and my problem.

Thanks,
ubellavance

Post by ubellavance »

I haven't been able to find much about my problem. One thing that shows a lot in my searches are the spell corrector not working correctly, but I don't think that is related because I change the way my clients access the application, not the way the application accesses the internet. BTW, this server doesn't have access to the internet, should it?

Should I post on the TinyMCE's forum?
Would it help if I tried to reproduce the problem to try to give more info?

Thanks,
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

HI,

we use TinyMCE 3.5.7 in phpMyFAQ 2.8 without any modification, maybe you'll ask in their board.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
ubellavance

Post by ubellavance »

What about 2.7.9? I'll post on their board.

Thanks,
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

2.7.9 also uses this version of TinyMCE

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist