Prob. ins. PHP and HTML code as text and with the code menu

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

TheBorg

Prob. ins. PHP and HTML code as text and with the code menu

Post by TheBorg »

We wanted in the body to insert some PHP and HTML code as text ( we are a web hosting compagny and want to display code for our end user )

I was trying to use the code option from the editor but each time that I click on the option it wont select the code option. I can select any other choice without problem. I get this problem in IE6 ( with all the patch installed ). After fighting for a bit I decided to use the pre tag in the source code but after going back to the graphic editor everything was blank. So I went back to the source and saw that the

Code: Select all

<? phpinfo(); ?> 
was replaced with

Code: Select all

<pre> <!--hpinfo();-->  </pre>
( we just want to display the command and not the result of the command. ).

After gighting for another little bit I decided to test it in firefox 1.0.7 and Opera 8.5 build 7700 and the graphic editor will not even show.

Anyone have an idea as im out of luck

thx
TheBorg

Post by TheBorg »

please note that I got the problem with both phpmyfaq 1.5.4 and 1.6.0
jazcyk

known issues ...

Post by jazcyk »

the issues that you mention are old known issues. It is better with 1.5.4 than its predecessors, but not still quite solved it seems.

The best workaround I know is NOT to use the phpmyfaq Admin Panel at all when you run into those problems, but edit the database directly. You will need a client for your database then that is able to connect.

Actually I often just enter a few words only from phpmyfaq, save it and then built the HTML somewhere else and copy-paste it into the database. Don't forget to escape when needed.

Also when editing existing posts (correcting typo's for instance) it is much faster to work directly on the database instead of using a browser interface. If you use MySQL (like most people here do) you can try our program SQLyog www.webyog.com . There are options of direct connection to the database and as well HTTP, HTTPS and SSH-tunneling so you should be able to connect.