Some random stuff we can't find or fix

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

BrechtLS

Some random stuff we can't find or fix

Post by BrechtLS »

Hi all,

We've just installed the latest verstion (2.9.5) of PHPMyFaq and we have some questions/issues:

1) There seems to be a bug when saving a new comment, the saving bar stays on the page and the page does not refresh.
If you manually refresh the page you can see the comment has been posted.
I've tried this in our setup and in the online demo, I seem to have this issue in both and in multiple webbrowsers.

2) As it seems there is no possibility to change the order of the categories.
If I want to set them for example alphabetically I cannot seem to do this.
The only options I have is to switch a couple of categories and cut a category underneath another category.

3) Standard the limit of an attachment is 2MB.
Is there a way to increase this limit?

4) By default when editing a post creating a new revision is an option.
Is there a way to select this option by default or maybe even make it mandatory?

5) We seem to be unable to add the RSS feed to Outlook, with the following error:
Outlook cannot download the RSS content from ...site url... because you do not have the required credentials.

Thank you for your assistance!!
Thorsten

Re: Some random stuff we can't find or fix

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
1) There seems to be a bug when saving a new comment, the saving bar stays on the page and the page does not refresh.
I've tried this in our setup and in the online demo, I seem to have this issue in both and in multiple webbrowsers.
I'll check it, it would be great if you open an issue at https://github.com/thorsten/phpMyFAQ/issues
2) As it seems there is no possibility to change the order of the categories.
If I want to set them for example alphabetically I cannot seem to do this.
The only options I have is to switch a couple of categories and cut a category underneath another category.
With cut&paste it's possible to re-order categories.
3) Standard the limit of an attachment is 2MB.
Is there a way to increase this limit?
That's the default of PHP, you can change that in your php.ini file on your server.
4) By default when editing a post creating a new revision is an option.
Is there a way to select this option by default or maybe even make it mandatory?
No, currently not. You can add a feature request at https://github.com/thorsten/phpMyFAQ/issues
5) We seem to be unable to add the RSS feed to Outlook, with the following error:
Outlook cannot download the RSS content from ...site url... because you do not have the required credentials.
Does it work e.g. with a browser like Chrome or Firefox?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
BrechtLS

Post by BrechtLS »

Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for your answer, I have some more info:
This only seems to happen in the PHP 7.0 version of the online demo, which is also the version of PHP we are running on.
2) With cut&paste it's possible to re-order categories.
The only thing I seem to be able to do is to cut and paste a category underneath another main category.
What I would like to do is change the order of categories that are underneath the same main category.
Am I doing something wrong?
3) That's the default of PHP, you can change that in your php.ini file on your server.
I've tried this out and it's working.
Just for future reference: there are two php.ini (/etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini & /etc/php/7.0/cli/php.ini) files and both have to be adjusted.
4) No, currently not. You can add a feature request at https://github.com/thorsten/phpMyFAQ/issues
Ok, thank you for your response.
5) Does it work e.g. with a browser like Chrome or Firefox?
We are using the "Completely secured FAQ" option, and have not activated "Only allow logins over SSL connection".
What I've tried:
- Add RSS feed in outlook account settings, which gives the previously shown error.
- Adding a new rss folder in Outlook, which actually works to add the RSS feed.
The problem with this is that during config I get a credential popup, but it seems the credentials are not saved.
Because once I re-open Outlook I get an authentication error when resyncing the RSS feed.
The only 'solution' at that point is to delete and add the rss feed again.
- I can open the rss feed page in a browser (after a credential popup).

I found the following article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/917125. Which tells me that this is Outlook default behavior.
The problem is that the workaround does not seem to work either, after I've added the feed to IE and set the option in Outlook 2013 the RSS feed does not show up.

Thank you!!
BrechtLS

Post by BrechtLS »

One more thing:

6) It would be nice to be able to still see an old revision of a FAQ, until the new edited revision has been approved by an admin.
Now the FAQ completely disappears until the edited version has been approved.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

thanks for the answers. Please add the bugs and feature request on Github so I can fix them. :)

Thanks in advance!

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
BrechtLS

Post by BrechtLS »

Hi Thorsten,

I've added the issues/FR's to Github as requested.

Thx.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

thanks a lot. But I don't think I can fix Outlook...

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist