Admin login doesn't work

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

mish85

Admin login doesn't work

Post by mish85 »

I cannot use the admin login or any other login to access the admin site after freshly installing phpmyfaq.

I am using iis 7.5
MS SQL server 2008
PHP 5.6

The install works however i cannot login to the admin section with the created admin account or any newly created account.

After looking in the faqadminlog i have the following log:

Loginerror\nLogin: admin\nErrors: No authentication method specified. , Specified password is not correct.

Although the password is correct i sill get this issue, i have also change the password using a script found on this forum to salt and hash the new password entered into the database.

Please help.
Thorsten

Re: Admin login doesn't work

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

which version do you use?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
chakthy2

Post by chakthy2 »

Hello

I have the same issue, the admin user access was working the day before, and the next day it stopped working. Just kept sending the message that the user and/or password was not valid.
Looking at the faqadminlog I see the following records
Loginerror\nLogin: chakthy\nErrors: No authentication method specified. , You are currently locked out.

I reset the password, I change the ajax file to setup the same password, but didn't make a difference.
I created a new user and manually got it active on mysql, but still unable to access.
I have no idea what to do next to get it working.

thanks in advance
Remo

Post by Remo »

I have the same, well admin login is not working anymore.
I think my linux and posible sqlite3 has been updated.
Is it posible something is missing now ?
normal user can login, but admin user not.
Now I pressed the reset password, but mail is not setup correctly. I see the string in faquserlogin for admin is changed, but I don't know the password which has been generated.

What might be missing, what is the difference between a admin password and a normal user password ?
How to reset the password to a known value ?
Please help.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

do you guys have access to the database via phpMyAdmin?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
ThorstenJr

Post by ThorstenJr »

We are experiencing the same issue. We moved phpMyFAQ to a new server and can no longer login to the admin section. We also upgraded with a fresh install of 2.9.x. We have access to phpMyAdmin. Any assistance would be wonderful.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

here's how to change the password hash: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20022&p=50277&hilit ... ash#p50277

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
nitchimon

Post by nitchimon »

I also am experiencing this same issue. I went in and changed the PW for the admin user and it still refuses to allow me to log in.
I used the link you mentioned about creating a php file and generating the new hash. Using phpMyAdmin, I went in and changed the PW for the admin with the new hash. This also fails to work.

It is almost like the user with the ID of "1" is disallowed to log in all of a sudden. If I log in as another user who has ADMIN rights and add a new user granting ADMIN rights, they can log in with no problem. The second admin has an ID of "2" and now the 3rd admin has an ID of "3". But the admin with an ID of "1" can not log in no matter what I tried.

thanks
nitchimon

Post by nitchimon »

ok, a follow up to my previous post.

you should probably NOT do this, but I wanted to "Test" the "ID=1" theory.

I changed the user with admin rights (id=3) to id 1 in the databases and moved the ID from 1 to 3 for the original admin.

the 3rd admin who now has id=1, can log in with no issues. The user that was ID=1 and now ID=3 still can not log in no matter what the password is.

This is rather drastic and I suggest that if you do not know what you are doing, DO NOT do what I did.

the conclusion is that there must be something wrong with the account that is now ID=3 (was ID=1).

Still does not make any sense why the Admin (was 1) still can not log in. I was in the admin acct last night with no issues.

why would an admin account just stop functioning like this ?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

please update to 2.9.9 and it will be fixed. The brute force login attack protection was buggy.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
nitchimon

Post by nitchimon »

Thank you ! This worked perfectly now.

great job!
mauswara

Post by mauswara »

Hi, I have 2 admin accounts both have lost the ability to add a new FAQ but I can for example, add a new category

I can login /sitename/admin so the password is correct.

I can use PHPMyAdmin to view the various tables. What value/s do I need to change and in what tables so that I can add a new FAQ? v3.09

cheers