Importing backup to same version 2.9.6 gives SQL errors

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

rolflobker

Importing backup to same version 2.9.6 gives SQL errors

Post by rolflobker »

Hi!

I'm trying to migrate to a new server,
Setting up a new 2.9.6 install is quick and easy, intend to upgrade to 3.0 afterwards.
But the backup I make from the current running 2.9.6 cannot be imported.

The import process throws me this error, afterwards I am locked out and need to delete the database and start over;
I am using the same table prefix

This file is not UTF_8 encoded.
Preparing the database queries...

Querying...

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''
Log via SSH in op de ESXi host en verifieer de adapter:
\r\nQuery: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Se4ifpvH5VqbT/bRcflsW47XUQ29KF7yTwlAnwf9ufMmCfia/L5XLT1dSJxrOa9Nl3JQnQeFaSpv9lzR' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '9OJ74IOCyiStH93Gx4Cmiy7ezd89qfkiRbrATnEsrJnD2aHonrCblgsBUaxqcaRbWkq594fTbh8hvIP9' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'XQ5IiiX34sfkclBZuKqA9vHCLMn5aEVPoMHEK6MaA54EpqHQe+3E9NIIhw0LUkZpKdm0+mxYM3KKHW7u' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '3yr7cE1eV2wHagDb4JgZUjFNeRaHrtvDG00GnR6C4VLFlOvPcy2YCsRcfBM7pw1iqHtrXhlPXLFTnZ8/' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '4nJMYho/blnP55/tAKUXQtdbee/la+kcoEPZeSQzHxNRqr2oy09k98IHeH17fXHAfzCT7ryJe2Z1R6e3' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'eCFNxQ7UO1v/h63hI+ByC+nIFZTnPAw3hMEFzq7sIfCYIyM9XNo8aIC99NJUtstRFCI83A1WW7wmLz3r' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Q+JFDSi0izpAZkrZ5sFu4nR1VlMjwZpym0UYwSMuVIJJhy7ileqTJRSK2r00XBJZBK0BBS5WGj8JKes6' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Om Domain Computers automatisch te laten activeren kan AD-Based Activation w' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'xugIDLpjffiD20dqWfjzg4vQb8BAfP7FLuxs2YmjjuqN004egEH9T8A//lGFiyddgja04PIpF2LHm09g' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'rhe69ue9F/H7TcnzMsdNIXYTxgatQ5UA9u2KpF1alrt2Cr/mM0i049OCSqi9g16an1eb9N9s2YvTN2mb' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SkmXXs22aFyhA3GlNKRE7ESnY2GcmN1qanCmvwRKzty5X2u6Bf1L1Vw7CvF5E+wCrXCsS8uQEFBMUJVt' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '+FuT1qeZh+VgYfmoZ28ZXx0ux11CYJmpZfKTAvSTAgONeOppsCwXyKTBjxgysXbsWr732Wt57enXEV4f' at line 1)

Query: "" failed (Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'dAmYYuYjM6fHAh/42RZtU95ymsOTVLlRL7y5C/cZliPWl4cRRhPYGbeBCVPlB1vahb1iwmRaeIlnrJqK' at line 1)
Thorsten

Re: Importing backup to same version 2.9.6 gives SQL errors

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

yes, you cannot import 2.9 backups into 3.0. You can upgrade your 2.9 installation to 3.0.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
rolflobker

Post by rolflobker »

Hi Thorsten! Yes, but this if from 2.9.6, same version to same version import

Sorry, I should not have mentioned 3.0 at all, was just saying i'm looking forward to upgrading this old 2.9.6 AFTER I have done a successful migration.
I should have made this clear in the original post, I only mentioned it in the title.

So importing a 2.9.6 backup into a new 2.9.6 installation
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

okay... can you send me your backup file to investigate what's going on?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
rolflobker

Post by rolflobker »

Done! See PM.

I was thinking of maybe updating the old installation first.
But I'm a bit hesitant now that I see an import might fail.

Or I all else fails I might copy paste all the articles, but that could take me an hour or so.
It's not like I have a whole lot of data in there, but if there's an easy 'fix'
rolflobker

Post by rolflobker »

Hi!

I just updated the old installatie to 3.0 (which went flawless)
Did not want to do this at first, because it also took me about 2hrs to update the old VM to a newer Debian, and update PHP

I exported the 'old' 3.0 and created a new 3.0 install on a new VM, then imported again.

Now all is working fine in the new environment.

Love the way 3.0 looks!
Keep up the good work Thorsten!
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I checked your 2.9 backup file... it somehow breaks the import because of the big queries due to the Base64 embedded images. The import worked with phpMyAdmin...

Does it work on 3.0?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
rolflobker

Post by rolflobker »

Yes, as far as I can tell it worked fine with 3.0!

I also tried importing with PhpMyAdmin but that failed, could be it just did not work for me because the password hashes were different and I did not look into resetting the hash.