How to restrict specific users or groups from viewing an FAQ

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

iconic

How to restrict specific users or groups from viewing an FAQ

Post by iconic »

I was hoping you can help me understand how to use the software. I have been using it for a few years now and I am a little confused with this process.

I have over 60 users on my setup of the phpMyFAQ 3.0.2. And have over 3,000 FAQs.

What I want to do is restrict some groups from viewing specific FAQS or specific FAQ categories. How do I do this?

And the other thing is how do to restrict a specific user from view a specific FAQ or specific category.

And finally what does View Logs mean in the Group Permissions?
Thorsten

Re: How to restrict specific users or groups from viewing an FAQ

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
What I want to do is restrict some groups from viewing specific FAQS or specific FAQ categories. How do I do this?
you can restrict the access for categories and/or for FAQs. This can be done by setting the permissions for a category and/or FAQ during editing.
And the other thing is how do to restrict a specific user from view a specific FAQ or specific category.
So, you mean a ban? That could be done to put all users except this special one into an own group with all rights and secure the whole FAQ.
And finally what does View Logs mean in the Group Permissions?
The group with this permission setting is allowed to see the logs in the admin backend.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
iconic

Re: How to restrict specific users or groups from viewing an FAQ

Post by iconic »

Thank you.