Editing configuration

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

chrisw@wilsonmfg.com

Editing configuration

Post by chrisw@wilsonmfg.com »

I'm unable to edit configuration as the initial admin user. The users name is "admin" if that makes a difference. I don't know if it's a config issue or a bug. this is a newly installed 3.0 version from your tar.gz on a freshly installed and updated Ubuntu 20.04

the user can add/edit categories, FAQs, users, and everything else I've tried without issue, but when after editing configuration I click "Save configuration" the page reloads with my edits reverted. There's no error, and no entry in the adminlog, or the php error log.

I can login into phpMyAdmin using the mysql user that's in my database.php and edit values in the faqconfig table without issue, so it's not a database permission issue.

What should I look at?
Thorsten

Re: Editing configuration

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

everything else is working normally? Can you add FAQs and so on?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
chrisw@wilsonmfg.com

yes, everything else works as expected.

I suspect an error is getting discarded somewhere. I had that issue with LDAP when my config was wrong. I added some throws to the error sections of the LDAP class to get them to show up as I couldn't see where the LDAP error text variables were getting displayed or logged anywhere. Likely same issue here, except my config works since I can add rows to all other tables, and manually editing the config table also works.
chrisw@wilsonmfg.com

I tried a basic clean install in a new ubuntu vm using the same docker-compose and saving config works fine in that one. only difference is this one isn't reverse proxied and isn't using LDAP. the problem install wasn't working before I configured ldap and reverse proxy though. I did have many issues setting docker setup though (my first time using it, and your docker-run repo also didn't work out of the box), so maybe I messed something up on the base OS to start with.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I think the reverse proxy configuration caused this issue. Could you please try if it works if only LDAP is enabled?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
chrisw@wilsonmfg.com

it was doing it before LDAP was enabled, I didn't have the prereqs for LDAP when i first setup.

it was also doing to before I setup the reverse proxy.