Some bugs I found..

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

Roy

Some bugs I found..

Post by Roy »

Hello,

I have installed the cvs-snapshot of 22/4 on php 5/apache/mysqli and found the following bugs/misfunctioning:

1) The create/edit faq page is broken on ie7. (ok on FF2)
2) The AJAX tag text box is not functioning on both browsers.
3) The site map feature does not function.
4) Tags are separated with spaces instead of commas which make it impossible to have a two word tag like "property tax" for example. when broken into two tags "tax" and "property" it have a much wider and unfocused context.
5) Some terms are hard coded and can not be translated in the lang file.
6) "Password sent" message appears when approaching the admin login page.

Problems related to Hebrew (and probably Arabic too)

7) The AJAX instant response does not render properly. It display gibrish no matter if i use windows-1255 or utf-8.
8) Some form float properties are hard coded and cant be controlled in RTL templates.
9) CAPTCHA is not functioning when language is set to Hebrew and charset is UTF-8. When setting the charset to windows-1255 it works ok but then mod_rewrite is going crazy.
10) System mail seems to not set the content type properly so when using utf-8 lang file the messages received as gibrish.

I hope you wont hate me for this list.. :)

Roy
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi Roy,

thanks for the bug report. We'll fix all issues as soon as possible.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Thorsten

Re: Some bugs I found..

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
Roy wrote: 5) Some terms are hard coded and can not be translated in the lang file.
for 5): If no Hebrew string is available, we use the English one. No string is hardcoded.

for 6): I cannot reproduce this, sorry.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
Roy wrote:3) The site map feature does not function.
do you use Apache 1.3 and mod_rewrite? If yes, there's a bug in the rewrite rules we didn't discovered yet.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Roy

Post by Roy »

Hi Thorsten

as for item 6: it seems to me that the reason for that message lies at admin/index.php on line 112

as for item 5: in a more thorough check it is only the headlines and system information on the admin home page.

as for item 3: i use Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) and mod_rewrite activated from the .htaccess.

Thanks

Roy
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi Roy,
as for item 6: it seems to me that the reason for that message lies at admin/index.php on line 112
ah, okay...
as for item 5: in a more thorough check it is only the headlines and system information on the admin home page.
Right, this is hardcoded. I think it's looking ugly in Hebrew, right?
as for item 3: i use Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) and mod_rewrite activated from the .htaccess.
Do you get any error messages? What's happening on your sitemap page?

We already started fixing your bugs!

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Roy

Post by Roy »

Hi,

The site map shows only the letter A as headline and the rest of the page is empty. Its the same result when using utf-8 or w-1255. In English the site map works fine.

As for the hardcoded terms on admin/home: i have almost finished updating the Hebrew lang file and if you do not intend to move these terms into the lang file i will send it as is.

Thanks
Roy
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi Roy,
The site map shows only the letter A as headline and the rest of the page is empty. Its the same result when using utf-8 or w-1255. In English the site map works fine.
What's happening when you're clicking on the A?
As for the hardcoded terms on admin/home: i have almost finished updating the Hebrew lang file and if you do not intend to move these terms into the lang file i will send it as is.
I think I'll move them into the language file because I think it looks really ugly in Hebrew, Arabic and Farsi.

It would be great, if you'll send me your updated translation!

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Roy

Post by Roy »

What's happening when you're clicking on the A?
Nothing. Its a simple H2 headline.
I think I'll move them into the language file because I think it looks really ugly in Hebrew, Arabic and Farsi.
It does'nt look ugly but i believe it will be more comfortable for people to read this info in their native language.

I'll send you the translation soon.

Is the default template final? i can add a RTLízed CSS's for both visitor and admin ends.

bye
Roy
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I fixed most of the stuff, but I need an UTF-8 encoded language file for the Hebrew specific things for bugfixing. So I'm waiting for your translation. :-)

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
1) The create/edit faq page is broken on ie7. (ok on FF2)
fixed.
2) The AJAX tag text box is not functioning on both browsers.
fixed, also working in Opera 9
3) The site map feature does not function.
Seems to be a Hebrew issue, I cannot check this, sorry! :-(
4) Tags are separated with spaces instead of commas which make it impossible to have a two word tag like "property tax" for example. when broken into two tags "tax" and "property" it have a much wider and unfocused context.
fixed.
5) Some terms are hard coded and can not be translated in the lang file.
fixed.
fixed.
7) The AJAX instant response does not render properly. It display gibrish no matter if i use windows-1255 or utf-8.
Can you check it with the latest CVS snapshot?
8) Some form float properties are hard coded and cant be controlled in RTL templates.
fixed due to your patches!
9) CAPTCHA is not functioning when language is set to Hebrew and charset is UTF-8. When setting the charset to windows-1255 it works ok but then mod_rewrite is going crazy.
10) System mail seems to not set the content type properly so when using utf-8 lang file the messages received as gibrish.
These two ones we're still working on.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
Roy wrote:9) CAPTCHA is not functioning when language is set to Hebrew and charset is UTF-8. When setting the charset to windows-1255 it works ok but then mod_rewrite is going crazy.
this is fixed now, too. :-)

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
matteo

Post by matteo »

Hi Roy,
Roy wrote:10) System mail seems to not set the content type properly so when using utf-8 lang file the messages received as gibrish.
I've just tested it and it works on my server. Here is the check:
  • move my native language (it) to be utf-8 based ($PMF_LANG["metaCharset"] = 'utf-8';);
  • click on Contact;
  • fill the form with a Japanese text (looking at its translation with Google);
  • check the text received with Google to see that all the chars were correctly delivered;
  • find below part of the email header:

Code: Select all

MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain;
      charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Could you post the list of the emails failing on delivering UTF-8 messages?

Thanks in advance,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
Roy

Post by Roy »

Hello Thorsten

The create/edit faq page is still broken on ie7. I'll send you a screen shot by mail.

The tags are now separated by comma but when editing, the commas are missing and if you don't notice that and insert them manually it saves all terms as one term. One more thing is that if you put a comma after the last tag it creates a tag that looks like that: tags/8/.html.

The instant response is still rendered in gibrish.

Thanks
Roy
Roy

Post by Roy »

Hello Matteo

This is what i see on the content window of my email client when reading email sent from the system: (this one is from the "ask a question from" but contact or renew password have the same problem)

==============================
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

User: ׳¨׳•׳¢׳â„¢, mailto:a@a.co

׳§׳Ëœ׳’׳•׳¨׳â„¢׳•׳×: ׳�׳›׳â„¢׳¨׳â€