TOO MANY ISSUES IN LATEST VERSION

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

bond2u

TOO MANY ISSUES IN LATEST VERSION

Post by bond2u »

From what I see your script has too many issues to be production line ready. Am I wrong? I really DO like what I'm seeing, but after I install your script, I can't get mod_rewrite to work properly and some of the right side colum script has issues. :cry:

I had to install the earlier version first because your latest version simply wouldn't connect to my MySql database at ALL. After installing 1.6 and doing an update, it worked...only to find more issues with the site map, then the right colum wouldn't show up properly. :cry:

Although I was hoping to use your script for my site, I don't have to the time or inclination to rework all the issues that are apparent in your coding. :cry:

Perhaps some other time. :lol:

I do thank you for all the time that you are putting into your scripting. I really wanted this for my site, but I have always skipped over scripts that have too many bug reports on their forums...especially in a STABLE VERSION. :wink:
matteo

Re: TOO MANY ISSUES IN LATEST VERSION

Post by matteo »

Hi,
bond2u wrote:From what I see your script has too many issues to be production line ready. Am I wrong? I really DO like what I'm seeing, but after I install your script, I can't get mod_rewrite to work properly and some of the right side colum script has issues. :cry:

I do thank you for all the time that you are putting into your scripting. I really wanted this for my site, but I have always skipped over scripts that have too many bug reports on their forums...especially in a STABLE VERSION. :wink:
frankly speaking, you're using a bad approach to evaluate an OSS project: the Community is the first step to meet with an OSS project, then you need to start evaluating the software by your own with a pilot installation to investigate your scenarios and then coming back to the Community with a good description of each of your issues to let the DevTeam replicate and fix them. It seems to me that you missed the 3rd step.

Ciao,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist