Approve FAQ UI is confusing or broken

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

rickliveops

Approve FAQ UI is confusing or broken

Post by rickliveops »

Maybe I'm not understanding how it is supposed to work, but I find the "Approve FAQ" UI very confusing.

I created several test FAQ submissions but could never find them in the Approve FAQ screen. I expected to see them in the bottom section of that page (under Approve FAQ header) but it says "No entry found."

I finally discovered these under the actual category they had been submitted to. But the search function is also broken: I try searching just on that category and see all categories instead. Also, all the articles in the categories appear here, not just the new, unapproved ones.

So, again, unless I'm really missing the point, I have to say the whole "Suggest a FAQ" process is badly broken.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi Rick,

hm, how do you think this page could be better?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
rickliveops

Post by rickliveops »

Hi Thorsten

(First off, let me say that my organization is THRILLED by what phpMyFAQ can do for us! The basic product is very well built and highly functional. We have modified the look and feel to fit our needs and it looks really great! So, thanks!)

My expectation for approving new FAQ suggestions is that new, unapproved entries would be presented in one place, possibly sorted by category or by category owner (it would be awesome to be able to sort by either or even by submitter. For example, a table where the headers were clickable, causing the table to sort by that column (that is a model we use for our data displays).)

Right now, I can't easily find new FAQ submissions. Since we have over 150 articles now and will eventually have hundreds if not thousands of articles, this UI must be very clean and simple.

One question: display of new submissions doesn't have anything to do with category ownership, does it? I thought maybe I wasn't seeing the new submissions because I wasn't the owner of the selected category (but it turns out I AM the owner, so even if that was the case, it doesn't seem to work...)

Does this help?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi Rick,

it's nice to hear that phpMyFAQ does its job for your company. :-)

Currently we have an UI for unapproved records and it's looking like the one for approved records. We'll try to improve that in 2.1.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
rickliveops

Post by rickliveops »

Danke, Thorsten

Just to clarify: this is more than a UI suggestion. I think the page is broken. E.g. I cannot use the keyword or category search on the Edit FAQ page either.

If I search on a word I know appears in the article or the title (thema) nothing is found. If I select anything other than all categories, nothing is found.

This is in admin/index.php?action=view as well as action=accept (I gues it runs the same code).
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

the search is broken in 2.0.1 and it's already fixed for 2.0.2 in CVS.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist