168 htaccess

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

david_de

168 htaccess

Post by david_de »

I do not seem to be able to make mod rewrite work on 168. I tried it on several servers all Apache one linux one on WinXP. If I try to turn it on in the config section of admin or if I set up .htaccess or both it gives me a file not found. I have the path set correcty in .htaccess. I have it working fine on the live server with 166. I gave up on 167 with the install bug. Is it working for anyone else?
matteo

Post by matteo »

Hi,
it's strange: no commit has been done in that code since 2 month. Have you already changed the

Code: Select all

# the path to your phpMyFAQ installation
RewriteBase /phpmyfaq/
according to your installation?

Besides, please, update ASAP your PMF installation with the official PMF 1.6.8 released this night due to a security vulnerability that can be exploited.

Ciao,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
david_de

Post by david_de »

Yes the path is correct for my install. I will do a complete install on a test server and see how that works. If nobody else is having a problem and nothing in that area has changed it must be something on my end.
david_de

Post by david_de »

Hi matteo,
It was on my end, probably something in trying to get out of the broken 167 updater. I went back to new 166 and upgraded to 168 on the test server. Everything worked fine so I did the same on the live faq and had the same results. Everything is working great. That is including the mod rewrite. You guys do great work, thanks again.