facebook like

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

jason102178

facebook like

Post by jason102178 »

I am not sure if this is an issue or if its a problem with facebook, but i noticed that when i go to one of my articles and click on like, then go look at my facebook wall i see an image beside the articles name ,

which is ok that it puts an image beside the article, the problem comes that the image its putting up is an image i have on the front of my FAQ in the news section, so i deleted all images on my news section, then went to an article again and liked it the it is pulling the google + image from my footer....

it should show up up with the facebook standard image of like a transparent thumnail of one of their images i beleave its a bookcase or somethin, or if its going to pull an image it should be pulling an image off the article...

i found it kind of annoying because for example i clicked on a article called speed test, then i went and checked my facebook wall and it was pulling an image from my news article and the image said Forum, i dont want an image saying forum showing up when liked the speed test article, its just kind of misleading...

But theres prolly not much we can do in regards to that i dunno, i just thought i would post about it to let ya know...
phpMyFAQ Quality Assurance / Forum Moderator
Amazon.com Wishlist
Thorsten

Re: facebook like

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

can you show me an example?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
jason102178

Post by jason102178 »

I am not sure how you want me to give you an example... but ill try

step 1 go to any article click on facebook like on right side

the article i clicked on was speed test

then i go to my facebook wall and look and it gives the link with the image
one odd thing is i deleted the news called link exchange that had an image but its
still pulling that image but on other articles it pulls the google plus logo

Heres an what the post looks like when it post to my facebook, if you notice the image is green and says link exchange
when it shouldnt show anything because i dont have any image on the article titled speed test...
facebook1.JPG

if you need further clarrifications just let me know what to do
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amazon.com Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

yes, you should define an Open Graph image tag in your FAQ header, we only provide some for the title and a description by default. Please check https://developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraph/ for more informations.

og:image is the thing what's missing.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
jason102178

Post by jason102178 »

ok i did that, and all is good now, i never knew you had to specify an image like that.
Amazon.com Wishlist