Bugs/Feedback for alpha v2

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

jason102178

Re: Bugs/Feedback for alpha v2

Post by jason102178 »

Also there is one thing i would like to suggest maybe for a future release of phpmyfaq... maybe adding to the admin panel some how a way for users to change the font size of the header because i found it to be a little large and i havent yet found a way to change the font size because its pre set....and its in a title tag but it would just be so much easier for end users to be able to manipulate the size of the header right from the control panel that way people who are not html savvy can change it with a click of a mouse....

Just a thought I know you have allot on your plate and i wanted to tell ya while it was fresh in my head before i forgot.
phpMyFAQ Quality Assurance / Forum Moderator
Amazon.com Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

more fixes: https://github.com/thorsten/phpMyFAQ/commits/2.7

I cannot reproduce the bad performance of the admin section...

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
jason102178

Post by jason102178 »

I noticed the language bar has been move to the navigation bar, looks nice , and i applied the fix for deleting FAQ now when i go to Delete a FAQ that i just added or any previous FAQ that i already had it wont do anything if you put the mouse over the FAQ delete button all is says is javascript void But if you click on the FAQ like your going to edit it then go to the bottom it will let you delete it..... but as of right now the only way you can delete is if you click on the FAQ and edit it then delete it
also you are now able to post comment on a FAQ and it sends you an email to where the comment was posted and when you try to click on the link it opens a php file instead of taking you to the post here is the link ajaxservice.php?action=artikel&cat=0&id=7&artlang=en so when it opens it trys to open ajaxservice.php and asks where would you like to save the file. and i found this to be odd that i can input my yahoo email address to test out posting a comment and it sends me a notification email saying i receaved a comment but if i click on contact us the emails still wont be sent....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amazon.com Wishlist
jason102178

Post by jason102178 »

Geeze these new browsers are causing all sorts of performance issues..... i just test the admin panel for performance issues in internet explorer and FireFox for some reason the Admin panel performance is great in ie9 but in firefox the performance is really poor... so theres prolly really nothing that can be done but i do find it odd that the front end of phpmyfaq there is no performance issues in firefox just the admin side....the performance issue also happens in google chrome and opera so im not sure what the deal is the only one is works great in so far is ie9.

Im not sure what browser you use when you work with phpmyfaq...
Amazon.com Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I'm testing with FF4, Safari 5, Chrome 10 and Opera 11 on my Mac. I also test with IE8 sometimes in a Windows XP VM.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
jason102178

Post by jason102178 »

I use my laptop most of the time its a game high performance system thats usually pretty fast at rendering things.... But i decided to go to my desktop which is running firefox 3.6 to see if slow performance in admin panel still existed and it did the same exact thing.... im not sure if since you prolly do your testing via localhost and i do my testing on a live server if that has somthing to do with it or if it could be a hosting provider related im not sure if any of that really matters.
Amazon.com Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I'll take a deeper look at performance during the beta phase. :-)

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
jason102178

Post by jason102178 »

Thanks.... i know the performance issue is not the biggest concern right now.... the main focus is getting the bugs out so its at least usable by the time beta is released....

I dont know if you where able to replucate the javascipt void when trying to delete an FAQ
Amazon.com Wishlist
jason102178

Post by jason102178 »

Hope you had a Great Vacation....... also i noticed that johannes and mateo are moderators.... but there not very active the one has not visted the board since nov of 2008, im supprised you have not deleted them yet..... also there sure has been allot of spam from walterchand since you been on vacation..... if i could have i would of deleted all the spam comments that was posted and blocked user/spambot
Amazon.com Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

yes I'm back...

Please send me an e-mail if you want to help here! :-)

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
JochenS

Post by JochenS »

Is there a target date of the beta version? only an estimation is sufficient, since I need to plan my next steps....
Our public FAQ is proudly powered by phpMyFAQ: http://vhtfaq.ge51.honeywell.de/
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

expect the beta during may 2011. :-)

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
jose

Post by jose »

The reason the newly added/ edited FAQ do not show in the front end is the language fields in the db are kept blank in both the tables pfaq_faqdata (lang) and pfaq_faqcategoryrelations (category_lang, record_lang)
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

this is already fixed.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist