FAQs
Accessing the admin interface.
How to Record Your Time

FAQ Assignment
Admin
Accessing the admin interface.
General
How to Record Your Time

If I configure the category Admin to be restricted to group Admin, then the category no longer appears for Bob, but Bob can still access the FAQ Accessing the admin interface.. In order to prevent Bob from accessing that FAQ, I have to restrict it to the Admin group.

I am under the impression that permissions flow down from category to sub-category all the way down to the FAQ itself. Is that incorrect?
Grunt

Re: Permission Application

Post by Grunt »

Additional information: After I configure a restriction on a category and then edit an FAQ under that category, it is set with the restrictions that were applied to the category. However, that change in permissions doesn't take effect until I save the individual FAQ.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
I am under the impression that permissions flow down from category to sub-category all the way down to the FAQ itself. Is that incorrect?
that's how it works. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

I've run through lots of applications that don't make sense, lol. However, the scenario I spelled out does not work completely. When I set permissions on the category to be restricted to the admin group, Bob (member of general) can still access the FAQs. If I go in and edit the FAQ, it shows that it's restricted to the Admin group. If I edit the FAQ and do nothing and click save, then the permission applies properly.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

ah, did you change the permission on the category and the category already had FAQs?

I'll check this case.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

did you change the permission on the category and the category already had FAQs?
That is correct. FAQs were already present when I changed permissions on the category.