pmf 2.0.5: Using "wget" in text forces 501 error

Please report bugs here!

Moderator: Thorsten

Dawn

pmf 2.0.5: Using "wget" in text forces 501 error

Post by Dawn »

Hi,

I've noticed that when I use the word wget in a FAQ entry, i get a 501 error with the following text:

Code: Select all

Not Implemented
The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because a header value in the request does not match certain configuration settings on the Web server.
I know this sounds damn strange, but it is true with my configuration. After I replaced all "e"'s in the word wget, it worked. Does this error occure on all installations or is it a php configuration problem?

I'm using PHP 5.2.4 together with suhosin and PMF 2.0.5. Please let me know if you need more information. I've tested it with IE and FF.

Greets and best regards,
Andy
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this... seems to be an issue with something like mod_security or a proxy.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I don't use mod_security or a proxy. I send you a link to a phpinfo() via PM.

Best regards,
Andy
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

well, this is not a PHP or phpMyFAQ error. Something in your Apache causes with error message.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

"Something" is a bit imprecise, as I said I didn't installed any proxy connection or mod_security. It's a plain Sarge-Installation with Apache 2.2. Only Zend-Optimizier is installed additonaly.

Best regards,
Andy

EDIT: Sorry I meant a clean Debian Etch Installation
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

To everyone: Thorsten was right, mod_security2 was installed. It makes me other trouble too (for example I couldn't edit any record via PhpMyAdmin). So I decided to disable it.

It was easy via shell:

Code: Select all

a2dismod security2
Best regards,
Dawn
ZyanKLee

Post by ZyanKLee »

I would give you the advice to NOT disable mod_security2 but rather add some excludes to the rules.

to prohibit using wget in GET/POST statements is not the worst thing an administrator can do.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I know what you mean, but I saw there are a lot of problems with mod_security in a multiuser/multidomain enivronment. In the default installation of mod_security I coudln't edit a db record with PhpMyAdmin.