See what has been edited, and possibility to approve edit

You have a suggestion for a future version of phpMyFAQ? Then post it here!

Moderator: Thorsten

tubert

See what has been edited, and possibility to approve edit

Post by tubert »

Hi

My proposal is to have a way for the admin to see what has been edited, and then being able to approve or disapprove of the edit. So it would be like writer/editor permissions.

Use case:
My FAQ has an article that has some outdated information. One of the users notices this and makes an edit to the article. The edit is submitted and awaits approval of an editor/admin. So the outdated article is still shown in the FAQ while the new edit awaits approval. Then an editor/admin logs in, and sees the submitted edit. He can see what has been changed and can approve the edit (the article gets updated) or disapprove it.

In the edit, the added text could be in green and removed text in red. Maybe it could be done similar to how you see changes on GitHub. Or a simple solution could be to show the original and the edit side by side (without any more indications).
Thorsten

Re: See what has been edited, and possibility to approve edi

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

more or less it's already possible right now.

You have an admin log where everything is logged what happened in the administration backend. You can also give permissions to edit FAQs, but not to release them.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
tubert

Post by tubert »

Maybe I have done something wrong, but if a user with the right to edit, but not publish, edits an article, the article will become inactive. But I want the original article to be visible while the edit awaits approval. Is this possible? And is it possible for the admin to see the exact changes in an article between each edit?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you are right. This needs an extended version of the revisions. Not an easy task. You can create a feature request on Github: https://github.com/thorsten/phpMyFAQ/issues

Thanks!

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist