Place Create New Revision into Box with Reset and SAVE

You have a suggestion for a future version of phpMyFAQ? Then post it here!

Moderator: Thorsten

iconic

Place Create New Revision into Box with Reset and SAVE

Post by iconic »

As a suggestion the Create New Revision (yes | no) function should not be in the permission tab when editing or creating a record.
This New Revision is more about the SAVING and it should be displayed in the div class="col-lg-3" of the create and edit record page where the Reset and SAVE buttons are.

So many times I have saved a record and then realised I wanted to create a revision. Thankfully for me I do all my html editing on a third party software before uploading it so I keep revisions on my own, however the function of Create new Revision on the FAQ software you make is a SAVE function thought and for user friendliness and ease, which is what all softwares are meant to be this function should be move in the div class="col-lg-3" and I would place it just above the Date function.

This way people and users editing and creating records can properly and efficiently create a revision or consider it.

I strongly recommend that this be done in the 3.0.2 version.
Thorsten

Re: Place Create New Revision into Box with Reset and SAVE

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

that's a good improvement, I'll see, if it's something for the 3.0.2, 3.0.3 or 3.1.0-alpha release depending the impact of the change.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
iconic

Post by iconic »

Thank you. I tried it myself and it was a very easy transfer of coding. I do hope it is added in 3.0.2
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

can you provide a pull request on Github? :-)

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist