Unable to stay logged in

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

KT_

Unable to stay logged in

Post by KT_ »

My site has been running phpMyFaq for years, but I recently upgraded to 2.9.9 and have been having quite a few problems.

I thought I had things working but now cannot stay logged in.

For instance, I log in as an administrator on my main page http://mysite/kb, then type in http://mysite/kb/admin to go to my admin page and am asked to log in again. I log in (again), but selecting any of the options in the admin menu on the left takes me back to a login prompt.

This has worked, at least temporarily (although a couple of things were still broken) since upgrading to 2.9.9, but obviously something has changed.

Any suggestions on where I should start looking since the login won't stick?
KT_

Re: Unable to stay logged in

Post by KT_ »

On a somewhat related note, is it possible to disable the
Wrong login name or password.
(You exceeded the maximum amounts of login attempts and are temporarily blocked. Please try again later.)
message?

It makes debugging this login/cookie/permissions/whatever-it-is issue exceptionally tedious.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

from which version did you upgrade?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
KT_

Post by KT_ »

2.8. I managed to get it working by some combination of restoring the database, restarting apache/PHP, clearing caches, etc. I'm not sure which, exactly, did the trick.

Is there a way to raise the limit for unsuccessful logins? As it is, it seems like I am (or was) getting just one.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

there's no limit. If you try with a wrong username/password, you have to wait 10 minutes.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist