Issues with the application

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

skumar96

Issues with the application

Post by skumar96 »

Hello-
i have the 2.9.10 version and below are the issues i am facing.

1. when a user try to register, even though the entered captcha is correct still the system says invalid captcha and in the backend the account is created. I am facing a lot of difficulties because if a user try to enter the captcha code 5 times and the system says invalid captcha, in the admin panel 5 accounts were created already.

2. I am not able to get any notification email when a user is registered in order to activate the account as manual activation is off.
3. I am not able to activate users in the admin panel. When i cleick on the activate button, a pop up come out "are you sure" but nothin happens.
4. The number of views of all the questions on Most Popular FAQs are equal i.e. 32767 also the date and time of Latest FAQs are same for all the questions i.e. Nov 2, 2017. 11:29 AM

Please visit http://www.neilmed.com/askdr

If you need, i can provide you the backend access.

Thanks
Sapan
Thorsten

Re: Issues with the application

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
1. when a user try to register, even though the entered captcha is correct still the system says invalid captcha and in the backend the account is created. I am facing a lot of difficulties because if a user try to enter the captcha code 5 times and the system says invalid captcha, in the admin panel 5 accounts were created already.
There's an error happening in the backend (500 fatal error), but I don't see what's happening if the debug mode is not enabled.
2. I am not able to get any notification email when a user is registered in order to activate the account as manual activation is off.
Do you use SMTP? Maybe there's a spam protection on your web host, maybe this is causing the error above.
3. I am not able to activate users in the admin panel. When i cleick on the activate button, a pop up come out "are you sure" but nothin happens.
Cannot reproduce this on my systems.
4. The number of views of all the questions on Most Popular FAQs are equal i.e. 32767 also the date and time of Latest FAQs are same for all the questions i.e. Nov 2, 2017. 11:29 AM
I can confirm the number of views issue, but not the one with the dates:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-03 um 08.01.05.png
bye
Thorsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
skumar96

Post by skumar96 »

Hello-
How and where I can enable the debug mode also I noticed that in the admin configuration, if I make any changes, let’s say in the Mail Setup I uncheck the SMTP option and click on save, the page refreshes but nothing get saved. This is happening to all the options in settings and configuration.

I am not able to activate or edit any users. When a user register, automatically the status becomes Blocked(this I saw in the database table). Basically, the admin panel has become a place where I can only see things but can’t make any changes, edits, etc. No errors pop up and nothing get updated or saved. The same is happening at the user end. Users not able to submit and form data, even if the data is submitted, there is no confirmation.

I need your urgent help.

Thanks
Sapan
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

which browser do you use? Looks like you use a addon or plugin that breaks the CSRF token check.

The debug mode can be enabled in inc/Bootstrap.php

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
skumar96

Post by skumar96 »

Hello Thorsten-
i have enabled the dubug mode and tested the admin panel in Firefox, Chrome, Opera and IE. All have the same issue. Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks
Sapan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

your session configuration of PHP is broken. Please fix this or let it fix by your webhoster.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
skumar96

Post by skumar96 »

How i can fix it.
skumar96

Post by skumar96 »

I worked with mu webhost and we fixed the session issue but still the below issues are not solved.

1. Users are not automatically activated
2. On the main page still the number of views for all the questions under Most Popular FAQ's are equal i.e. 32767
3. If i make some changes and save, it doesn't save at the admin panel

Thanks
Sapan
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
1. Users are not automatically activated
where does this happen?
2. On the main page still the number of views for all the questions under Most Popular FAQ's are equal i.e. 32767
This is really strange, which kind of database do you use?
3. If i make some changes and save, it doesn't save at the admin panel
Do you see any error messages?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
skumar96

Post by skumar96 »

Hello Thorsten-
issues 1 and 2 i think is solved but the issue number 2 is not solved. I use MY SQL

Thanks
Sapan
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

MySQL 5.7?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
skumar96