My install broke after web server / sql update...

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

lesterlester

My install broke after web server / sql update...

Post by lesterlester »

hi all-
repost of my other thread as i dont think it was in the right forum originally.

i have two installs of myfaq.

when my server / cpanel was updated last week it broke my sql users and i had to go through and reset the password for all users and then update config scripts for things like myfaq with the new passwords. One install was fixed with no problem.

The second install does not work even with a new user AND password.

The error:

The connection to the database server could not be established.

The error message of the database server:
Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I even changed the user and password completely and added them to the database.php script but the error above is still the same, 'user' does not change in the error to the new username. How is that possible?

I also deleted the database.php file completely and the above error still happens. Is something else caching the login details? thanks.
Thorsten

Re: My install broke after web server / sql update...

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

if you delete the database.php file the system should forward you to the setup. Looks like there's a different issue because there's no other caching or storing the database credentials than in the file database.php

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
lesterlester

Post by lesterlester »

Thorsten wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:56 pm if you delete the database.php file the system should forward you to the setup. Looks like there's a different issue because there's no other caching or storing the database credentials than in the file database.php
yes, that is what i thought as well. i do not understand it. Any idea where i could look?

i have the database backed up (with the server backups, not with PHPMyFAQ specific completed backup) and actually, the database is still as it was. is there a way to reinstall PHPmyfaq fresh, but have it point to the existing database and tables to populate itself?
lesterlester

Post by lesterlester »

anyone have any ideas? if i could reinstall phpmyfaq but have it point to the old database that would be great too. would i have to prevent the setup / installer from running the sql commands?