MySQL5 No database found (English)

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

do you use utf-8? If not, you have some problems with encodings and the link verifier.

Without your data I cannot reproduce your bug in the sitemap.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

No, i use win-1251.
And all the data i write to my db is written incorrectly, i mean when i see the contents of the db thru db manager, the cyrillic letters look like "êàëàíòûòóë " (note, not like the squares on the picture). If i export them to a sql file & open it, everything is displayed in correct cyrillic letters. When i look a page with an entry in phpmyfaq everything's displayed correctly.

But here is another issue with ajax. On instant response page the words from the database and some strings from the language file are shown like "êàëàíòûòóë ". I suppose that's ajax's fault, cause everything around is ok. Image

Note. Don't pay attention to the "encoding' ok" on the picture. The words are written correctly here 'cause in the db they are written as HTML entities. All the results of the instant reply are also encoded incorrectly,like the words marked red.

Actually link verification doesn`t bother me much, but what can you suggest me doing with the words writen incorrectly into the db?
Else. If i enter data into the db from my db manager, the encoding changes in the same way.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

can you please send me your language file and your database dump to do some debugging?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

Does Internet Explorer6 really not understand the Instant Response, or there are some specific problems in my IE?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

which version do you currently use?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

I do not use IE :wink: . I just want to know for sure whether IE6 is able to manage with that thing - instant response.
I guess IE7 is able to handle AJAX.
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

Hey, what happened to the sitemap in 2.0.2.? In previous version it gave at least a list if letters, now not even the list. Did you know that?
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

I don't know, maybe it's me who is so problematic, but i've got another issue... So in i can't add a link to an internal record. Tiny MCE pastes a link, but without trailing "</a>", and even when i write it by hands, this appeares to be not a link in the record but all this <a href.... and so on.
Is there a solution to this?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

please use the bugtracker to report bugs because it's very hard to track bugs here. Thank you.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

Could you help me with importing data into the DB, please.

I've made a csv file for the faqdata table with all the id's and other fields. I've imported the file and when i enter the site, on the first page it tells me that there are 1834 entries in the base(that's correct), but they are not listed in any of the categories(though as admin i see that all of them are in the main category). They become visible for users only when from admin area i edit each one and click "save".

How can i activate all of them at once?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you need to fill the relational tables, too. You need:

- faqcategory_group
- faqcategory_user
- faqcategoryrelations
- faqdata_group
- faqdata_user

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

I've made a backup of the database on my PC and i want to import the file into the DB on the web server but there it tells me that the file is not a backup for phpMyFAQ. What should i change in the backup file that on the server phpMyFAQ will recognize the file and import it?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

did you create the backup with phpMyFAQ?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

Yes. And is making backups with other tools better or worse or doesn't matter?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

well, you can only use the phpMyFAQ generated backups to restore the database inside phpMyFAQ. But you can use stuff like phpMyAdmin, too.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist