Access denied for user 'wwwrun'@'localhost' (using password:

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

ZarPrime

Post by ZarPrime »

OK, well I guess I'll just have to wait until then. You're probably busy so I'd appreciate you replying here after you've had a chance to do that.

FWIW, I installed copied all the files and folders from the 2.0.9 distribution to another folder called root/www/faq1 and tried running the script again but I still get that same error.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I'm disappointed that I can't get it installed. Perhaps I should try to onstall a previous version of PHPMyFAQ and then try an update to 2.0.9. Maybe that would work.

ZarPrime
ernest

Post by ernest »

Same problem here ZarPrime!

Please give this issue a 'high priority'. (Mentioned this issue in the past)

raey
ZarPrime

Post by ZarPrime »

ernest wrote:Same problem here ZarPrime!

Please give this issue a 'high priority'. (Mentioned this issue in the past)

raey
Hi ernest,

Are you saying that you have never been able to get this installed either? If so, then that's not good for you, but it's good for me since it means I'm not the only person on the planet with this problem. :?

When I was trying to install 2.0.9, I was getting this error every time I tried. The installer would work for a second of 2, and then come back with the error. When I checked the folder via FTP, the installer had created the new folders and put an html file in each, but no data.php file was ever created. It was extremely frustrating because every time it just gave me this error that it couldn't connect to my database, and I used the correct name and password every time.

If I knew what to do to manually install it, I would do so, but I don't know what to do. Meanwhile, my users are still without a FAQ system.

I've just about decided to give up and look for something else that will install properly.

ZarPrime
ZarPrime

Post by ZarPrime »

Hi Thorsten,

After all the problems I had getting the script installed I finally, today managed to install version 2.0.10

It took me awhile to get everything right, and I'm still not certain that I have all the permissions set right, but at least I have a FAQ and and an Admin area.

I will play with this some and add a few friends to help me as admins, and if I have any other problems I will check back here.

Ernest, if you are still having problems I may be able to give you some tips as to what I had to do to get it installed.

For one thing, though it's not particularly apparent in the Docs, you have to add your host prefix to both your DB name and username. For instance, if your domain is named catwithninelives.com your prefix might be something like catwithn_. If the username is faq1 and your DB name is phmyfaq, the correct entries might be ...
Database ---> catwithn_phmyfaq
Username ---> catwithn_faq1

Also, if might help you to do what it says to do in this post (it helped me) :wink: ...
viewtopic.php?p=14029#14029

I hope this helps you,

ZarPrime
Thorsten

Re: Access denied for user 'wwwrun'@'localhost' (using password:

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

please try version 2.0.12. This bug should be fixed in this version.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist