Total upgrade screw up! Help needed

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

Baudesign

Total upgrade screw up! Help needed

Post by Baudesign »

Hi everyone,

I tried to upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.4.0a, but I got an error message on step 5. Fine I tought. But it was not fine! Damned. I tought I had backed up my files last week, but I backed up the wrong directory. How stupid of me! This is what happens when you think too much about the vacations.

Fortunately, I backed up my database.

But now what?

All I have is a database. I lost all my templates (GRRRR!) Everything is totally screwed up.

So here is what I would LIKE to do: make a clean fresh install of 1.4.0a and then import my 1.3.1 database into it. After that, I will redesign my templates.

Is it possible?

Thanks a lot.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

what error message did you get at step 5?

I recommend a fresh install but you need do upgrade some MySQL tables. If you like I can do this for you.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Baudesign

Post by Baudesign »

Thorsten wrote:
what error message did you get at step 5?
I'm sorry. I did not pay attention. There was, if I rembember well, two "config.php" lines in step 4 and an SQL error message in 5. But I am not sure. I should have taken a sceen shot. This is definitively not my day. :cry:

Oh well, I will make my fresh install, then will come back to this thread. Thanks a lot Thorsten.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I think you chose the wrong version for the upgrade. But that's not a big mistake. Send me an e-mail when you're ready with your frehs install.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist