PHP/IIS/MSSQL install questions

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

phart

PHP/IIS/MSSQL install questions

Post by phart »

Hello,

When I go to the installer page, MS SQL is not in the list. Our IIS install uses it for many other apps and most of our PHP scripts are using MS SQL via an ODBC. Is there some setting somewhere I need to enable for PMF to see our SQL Server?

Thanks,
Pat
Thorsten

Re: PHP/IIS/MSSQL install questions

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you need to enable the ext/mssql extension for phpMyFAQ. Currently we don't support ODBC.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
phart

Post by phart »

Hello,

Ive been doing some reading and found that the ext sqlsrv replaces the now depreciated mssql ext. We have the sqlsrv ext working fine. Is there some mod that can be made to replace checks for mssql with sqlsrv?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

we cannot use the new sqlsrv extension right now but as soon as possible. We're in contact with Microsoft because of some missing features in ext/sqlsrv. So please use ext/mssql until ext/sqlsrv is ready. :-)

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
phart

Post by phart »

Well,

Its not that we arent willing to try but I (could be wrong but) dont think mssql and sqlsrv can be active at same time. Or at least thats what we have come to understand after attempting to use the mssql ext.

Our php dir has the mssql dll inplace but the checks always report it is not enabled, using phps' extension_loaded('mssql') call.

Any ideas there?

Thanks for the clearification on the sqlsrv ext BTW.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
phart wrote:Our php dir has the mssql dll inplace but the checks always report it is not enabled, using phps' extension_loaded('mssql') call.
did you enabled ext/mssql in your php.ini file?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
phart

Post by phart »

Most certainly. We spent a large part of the day yesterday working on the php dll files and configurations.

The issue seems to be that the SQL server is on its own and the IIS box does not have other SQL tools running on it, but we have however moved the ntwdblib.dll into various locations.

UPDATE:
I think I am just going to break a few rules and put MySQL out there for this to get it done. Would be easier anyways I think :)
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

is it working now? :-)

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
phart

Post by phart »

I will update here once it is, but I have no doubts that once I put MySQL on the box things will be fine.