sounds fine ...

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

jazcyk

sounds fine ...

Post by jazcyk »

In a months time or so we will start out some Japanese, Chinese, German and Russian translations of the FAQ as our program becomes multilingual with full Unicode support in GUI elements and database management.

Basically I think an article no./id should consist of two fields. First field identifes the content - second field the localisation. some articles may exist (with identical content) in all languages - other in a few or a single only. So an article could be identified af 66-en, 66-hu, 66-zh and 87-zh for instance.

Thorsten could you possible reveal a little about HOW you are going to implement this? You know that I prefer data in a database and not in a file :-) . So I would prefer an additional column in the database tables where it is relevant with some localisation code. But you probably won't change the database format form 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 ?? Then better wait till 1.6 if that is what is needed to get the right solution.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

phpMyFAQ already supports this for some years now. The record id and the language are the primary keys.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist