just updated ...

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

david_de

Post by david_de »

Sorry missed your post as I was submiting mine. The code was the answer Thorsten gave in the second post in this thread for the XML problem. Line 998 in inc/functions.php.

I checked to see if mine worked on the xml and pdf before I did that change. I was hoping that change might fix both problems.
jazcyk

wait for Thorsten ...

Post by jazcyk »

he might have some idea what prevents to file to be built.

Well .. yes of course the files are there allready if an export has been done before. And also of course a new file must be written - just in case that the data has changed since last export.

privileges are the same OK. But are ownership(s) & group ownership(s) the same too? If CHMOD is 755 only, you could try raise it to 777. on those folders + contents (or for the whole FAQ-folder). If it still does not work it can't be a privilege issue.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

can you tell me the permissions for the folder pdf/ ?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
david_de

Post by david_de »

Hi Thorsten,

I changed the folder and every file in PDF permisions I opened up everything and still it does not work. I used a shell to set them the same way I do for the files when running the update.

If I am the only one having this problem then maybe I did something wrong. I can perform the proceedure over again tomarrow afternoon.

I have the original 154 and it works (pdf) I copied the files to another location (test server) then installed 155 and it does not work. I should add that it did work on the test server when I had the 154 there.

The test 154 was a little out of date so I replaced it with the current live one I had online. The XML I have never been able to get it to work. I beleive I read that you were still working on that?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

can you tell me the permission of the folders pdf/ and xml/. If Apache can't write into that folders you cannot create the xml and pdf files.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
david_de

Post by david_de »

Previoiusly I set them to 777 on the PDF I did not try the XML. I was more concerned with the PDF since it had worked on the 154 version.

Just now I changed them again to 777 the XML and PDF this time. The XML does work now (on 155 on the test server).

I went back to the 154 version and changed the permision to 777 on the XML and it now works there also. The PDF however will not work on the 155 on the test server and does on the 154. Both are set at 777.

As I said if I am the only one having the problem I will delete the test files copy in the 154 and update to 155. I will not have time until later today.

Thanks
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

this is really strange. Are there any PDF files in the folder pdf/.?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
david_de

Post by david_de »

Yes about 12 or so (pdf files in the folder). If I select one that is there or one that has not been generated it has the same message and does not produce either the existing one or a new one.

I was hoping to be the first to report a problem I did not want to be the only one. :oops:

If I did not have to be gone for about 6 hours I would try the whole install agian now. I will do so when I get back. All the files are exactly the same ones that I have in the 154. I put them in the test server, uploaded the update files, minus the two from /inc and the /template. I then ran the install and deleted the install folder.

It is very possible it is something on my end. If nobody else has reported anything I would not be concerned until after I try again. In the past when beta testing I have had a tendancy to mess up what nobody else can. :lol:
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

can you open the pdf files located in the folder pdf/ ?

You're the only one who has these problems. Which PHP version do you use in which environment?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
david_de

Post by david_de »

Hi Thorsten,

Mystery solved, sort of. I deleted the test faq copied the 154 to the test location. I then tested 154 in the original location and the pdf worked. Then tested 154 in the test location and the pdf did not work.

I then updated the live version of 154 to 155 and checked it. Everything works perfect, pdf and xml.

I am not sure why only those two will not work in the test location. Evrything else seems to work perfectly. Next time I will try what jazcyk does and put it in the same location with a different name ie: faq and newfaq. Then change the name if all is well.

Thank you for your time and patience. :oops:
jazcyk

jazcyk here ..

Post by jazcyk »

Next time I will try what jazcyk does and put it in the same location with a different name ie: faq and newfaq
I'll just remind you of one thing: While you are finishing /newfaq new entries probably are writen to the session logs. So if you want your session logs complete. then copy the session log of the day at the very same moment as /newfaq becomes /faq.

Just a detail!
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I think I should implement an online update which updates phpMyFAQ by itself. :-)

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
david_de

Post by david_de »

I should have had more faith and just updated the live version. That would have probably been too easy. I never get accused of doing things the easy way. :lol:
jazcyk

go ahead Thorsten

Post by jazcyk »

I think I should implement an online update which updates phpMyFAQ by itself.
I would never rely on it! :D