Moderator: Thorsten

leo_246

Migrate database from MSSQL to MySQL

Post by leo_246 »

Is this possible without to much work ?
matteo

DTS

Post by matteo »

You could try to export the data in your MSSQL DB in a .sql standard file and then try to import it within MySQL (phpMyAdmin will help you), this above AFTER you've configured the MySQL DB with a fresh (==empty) PMF installation.
If there will be issues on creating a standard .sql data export e.g. you could try to use an ad hoc DTS script (the mapping is simple: 1<->1) with access to MySQL via ODBC.
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
jazcyk

migration tools

Post by jazcyk »

http://www.databasejournal.com/features ... 97_3550146

The tool that MySQL released is not as easy to use at all.
matteo

Post by matteo »

matteo wrote:You could try to export...
For clarity sake, I would ask you, leo_246: do you have already try with the export functionality of PMF (please, in the admin menu click on Backup)?
My previous post was supposing that this functionality doesn't work within your environment.
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
leo_246

Post by leo_246 »

I have tested backup functionality in admin menu and it is working.
I got some errors on the import but it is not important for me.

Code: Select all

Query: "INSERT INTO faqchanges (id,beitrag,lang,usr,datum,what) VALUES (1,6,'nb',0,1137254504,'')" failed (Reason: 515)
jazcyk

datatypes

Post by jazcyk »

The problem is that you will have to re-map the datatypes when changing database systems. Some dataypes - even a simple thing as varchars for instance - on SQL server and MySQL are not the same!

If you export you will have to edit the .sql-file.

If you use a Migration Tool this tool will use either ODBC (SQLyog) or JDBC (MySQL Migration Tool). The 'mapping' done by either of these ODBC/JDBC drivers are not perfect. You will need to adjust it. It is most easily done with SQLyog.