MySQL5 No database found (English)

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

sp.shut

MySQL5 No database found (English)

Post by sp.shut »

The problem is phpMyFAQ doesn`t see MySQL. On winxp i run Apache 2.2.4/PHP 5.1.6/MySQL 5.0 everything works but when i try to install phpMyFaq it tells me
No supported database found! Please install one of the following database systems and enable the m corresponding PHP extension: ...
PHPINI is set up properly & SQL server works but i get this message on and on again.

Sorry if i`m repeating, i`ve read the forum, but i don`t understand German :(.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

do you see MySQL support in an phpinfo() page?

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

Only MSQL support enabled in phpinfo. Nothing at all about MySQL. But i`ve enabled mysqli.dll(or how`s it called) in php.ini.
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

I`ve turned on error reporting and it tells me "PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_mysqli.dll' - the procedure not found" though the file php_mysqli.dll exists in that directory. Any suggestions?
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

And ...

php.net tells
Note: If when starting the web server an error similar to the following occurs: "Unable to load dynamic library './php_mysqli.dll'", this is because php_mysqli.dll and/or libmysql.dll cannot be found by the system.
but i`ve put libmysql.dll to windows/ and system32/ dirs .
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

The problem`s solved: i`ve installed WAMP5 and server runsperfectly, but i`ve run into another problem. phpMyFAQ won`t load belarusian languabe file(which i`ve translated). It will load any language, but not the the one i need.

What this may be?
matteo

Post by matteo »

Hi,
you could look at your Apache/PHP errors log: it could be just a syntax error.

Ciao,
Matteo
phpMyFAQ QA / Developer
Amazon.co.uk Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

Well, i`ve discovered something new.
There should be sth wrong with my language file itself. When i call the file not language_be.php but language_anylanguage.php and correct corresponding lines in the new file, it won`t load it too.

And what is more. When cookie is set in my browser (opera) for the site with the default language "be" phpmyfaq doesn`t load at all, just blank page, no errors, anything. I deleted cookie- it started working again.

Also when in admin section i set Title of the FAQ in cyrillic letters, in the actual title there appears to be not what i`ve written but " #123; #456;....." etc. What should i do?

And one more thing. The spelling "Byelorussian" is incorrect, it`s outdated and the right way to write is "Belarusian".
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

Thanx for your attention, the problem with the language file is solved. I`ve missed one quotation mark and in another place a cyrillic apostrophe was interpreted as a ~single quotation mark~(i don`t now how it`s called), so i`ve put a backslash before it.

Thanks for your script!
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

if you like you can send me your translation and I'll add it to the main version.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

I`ve translated it like for a dictionary site, so it won`t be useful for others to use it i suppose.

And i`ve run itnto another problem. The entries in the DB are written not as i write them but as &#...; instesd of each letter

I use sqlite, and phpihfo() shows the SQLite Encoding as iso 8859 though in my.ini i set it to cp1251 - which i need.

Any suggestions how to correct it?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
sp.shut wrote:And i`ve run itnto another problem. The entries in the DB are written not as i write them but as &#...; instesd of each letter
that's correct, they are encoded.
I use sqlite, and phpihfo() shows the SQLite Encoding as iso 8859 though in my.ini i set it to cp1251 - which i need.
sorry, but I don't know not so much about SQLite...

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

One more question.

At the end of some php documents you don`t put closing ?> , but without them dreamweaver doesn`t process these fites. Will it be safe if i put ?> myself?

Why do you do like that?
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

you don't need a closing ?> and it can cause problems with whitespaces...

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
sp.shut

Post by sp.shut »

I've found a problem with encodings in phpmyfaq.

The problem occurs when i add or edit a racord in admin area. After submitting a record link verification message is displayed in a puzzling way :).

See the picture below.

One more thing. When i go to the site map it shows me a ist of letters but when i click a letter no entries are returned. Why this happens, can you tell?

When i click one of the categories in the menu i get a list of records in that category and the number of views of each record. How can i get the full answer to the question shown instead of the number of views?