upgading on Windows

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

jazcyk

upgading on Windows

Post by jazcyk »

I thought I would evaluate 2.5 RC3, but ran into a problem:

1)

I have a 2.0.15 test/staging version runnng on Win Vista Professional (using Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.2.8, MySQL 5.1.34). It is running perfectly and is identical to our (RHEL5) live version except that mod_rewrite is turned OFF on WIndows and ON on Linux. I tried to upgrade to 2.5 RC3 exactly as I always did before successfully on both XP and Vista. UAC is turned OFF on Vista.
* I have a ../fag folder with old version
* I merge the new version with files and details from old version (favicon, attachments, data.php, .css'es, changes to index.tpl (menu reorganisation, a .js visitor counter etc.) into ../faqnew folder
* I execute ../faqnew/install/update php

This time I get a unix-type error message
Error: The file ../inc/config.php is not writeable. Please correct this!
Error: The backup file ../inc/config.bak.php could not be written. Please correct this!
.. what I never had before on Windows

I granted 'full controll' to /faqnew folder recursively for *all* users of the system - human user as well as system users - from /faqnew context menu .. properties .. security tab. Checked that setting had effect for /inc folder and config.php file. Problem persists - I cannot get past page 2 of the upgrade script.

Am I overlooking something or does the 2.5 RC3 upgrader not handle Windows properly? If the latter is the case can you give a 'hack' so that I can skip this check?

2)

The bonus question: I do not see a 'colors.css' file in /templates of 2.5. Is there any way to control the colors of the system in 2.5 (I definitely do not like the default colors of 2.0 so if 2.5 is not better ... ! :-) )
Thorsten

Re: upgading on Windows

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
This time I get a unix-type error message
Error: The file ../inc/config.php is not writeable. Please correct this!
Error: The backup file ../inc/config.bak.php could not be written. Please correct this!
.. what I never had before on Windows
do you selected the correct version on the first page of the update script? config.php was used in version 1.6.x but not in version 2.0.x... the update script checks on your selected version and if it's writeable.
The bonus question: I do not see a 'colors.css' file in /templates of 2.5. Is there any way to control the colors of the system in 2.5 (I definitely do not like the default colors of 2.0 so if 2.5 is not better ... ! :-) )
In 2.5 we merged the style.css and the colors.css into one file. But you can split it again if you like. :-)

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
jazcyk

Post by jazcyk »

1) You are right . . I am an idiot, selecting the wrong (old) version when upgrading .. dumme Dänen :-)
2) Thanks for the explanation. Currently everything is white it seems, but I will check the new stylesheet.
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
1) You are right . . I am an idiot, selecting the wrong (old) version when upgrading .. dumme Dänen :-)
no, just not the best usability... with phpMyFAQ 2.6, when we drop all support for versions before 2.0 the old version will be fetched from the database. :-)
2) Thanks for the explanation. Currently everything is white it seems, but I will check the new stylesheet.
It's not white, it now features a background image like the one on http://faq.phpmyfaq.de.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
jazcyk

Post by jazcyk »

It is *almost* white! So much white that I did not notice the gradient!