phpMyFAQ install problem in XAMPP

All about webserver configurations, PHP and databases.

Moderator: Thorsten

Thorsten

Re: phpMyFAQ install problem in XAMPP

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,
Mercury wrote: [Sun Jan 16 08:45:11 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Encoding declaration pragma must be the very first statement in the script in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpmyfaq-2.5.4/inc/Utils.php on line 28, referer: http://localhost/phpmyfaq-2.5.4/admin/index.php
that's it. Remove line 28 in inc/Utils.php and the fatal error will be gone.

This code is also in the following files and must be removed:

- inc/Link.php -> line 24
- inc/Mail.php -> line 26
- inc/Builtin.php -> line 26
- inc/PMF_Mail/IMUA.php -> line 27
- inc/Utils.php -> line 28
- inc/constants.php -> line 27 (should be already removed by you as mentioned earlier in this thread.

I hope this posting has enough details.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I made the edits. I went to the admin, I clicked the link and viewed the front-end, I clicked a link on the front page and was kicked out to the XAMPP control panel which was open in the browser in another tab. Here is the error log:
[Sun Jan 16 10:04:10 2011] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /opt/lampp/bin/suexec)
[Sun Jan 16 10:04:10 2011] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Sun Jan 16 10:04:10 2011] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost' does NOT match server name!?
[Sun Jan 16 10:04:10 2011] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Sun Jan 16 10:04:10 2011] [notice] Digest: done
[Sun Jan 16 10:04:11 2011] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Sun Jan 16 10:04:11 2011] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost' does NOT match server name!?
[Sun Jan 16 10:04:11 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Jan 16 10:04:35 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /opt/lampp/htdocs/images, referer: http://localhost/phpmyfaq-2.5.4/
I don't know what file it's looking for. There is an images directory and there are graphic files in it.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

what is the XAMPP control panel? Or do you mean the phpMyFAQ admin panel? If you mean a control panel from XAMPP, it doesn't have anything to do with phpMyFAQ, sorry. Do you tried a login into the phpMyFAQ admin backend and you were kicked out during clicking in the frontend?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Thorsten wrote:what is the XAMPP control panel? Or do you mean the phpMyFAQ admin panel?
Yes, I mean the phpMyFAQ admin panel.
If you mean a control panel from XAMPP, it doesn't have anything to do with phpMyFAQ, sorry. Do you tried a login into the phpMyFAQ admin backend and you were kicked out during clicking in the frontend?
Yes, I logged into the backend, then clicked the link at the top of the admin page to go to the frontend, where I clicked a link and was kicked completely out after doing so.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

okay, is the same happening in the admin panel, e.g. clicking through the admin categories?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Thorsten wrote:okay, is the same happening in the admin panel, e.g. clicking through the admin categories?
The horizontal row of links at the top of every admin page function normally.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

It's a shame you haven't ever tried to install your software in XAMPP. If you had then this thread might have been shorter (or not).
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

it's a really shame that you don't respect that phpMyFAQ is a free, open source project done in my free time. I do this for free: coding, support and testing. I test on Linux (Ubuntu), on Mac OS X and on Windows Server. You expect support on old versions of phpMyFAQ and you even get this for free from me. And you tell me it's a shame that I don't test my software on XAMPP? I have a user who's testing phpMyFAQ on XAMPP with every release. He's doing this also for free.

To your problem:
If the admin links are working and you don't get kicked out, the frontend should do the same. How do you see that you get kicked out? Is the login box appearing suddenly?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Thorsten wrote:I have a user who's testing phpMyFAQ on XAMPP with every release.
Then why don't you ask him how he got your software to work in XAMPP? Better yet why don't you install your software in XAMPP and find out for yourself? In the same time as we have spent trying to find out how to do this I could have installed XAMPP and phpMyFAQ on my hard drive maybe 30 times.
To your problem:
If the admin links are working and you don't get kicked out, the frontend should do the same. How do you see that you get kicked out?
When I click a link in the middle column in the front-end phpMyFAQ closes completely and I'm returned to the XAMPP for Linux welcome page (http://localhost/xampp/). It's as if I clicked a link pointing to another site altogether and not to the articles on my site. Also when I click a category in the left column or any of the links to articles in the right column I see this error:

Code: Select all

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
localhost
Sun 16 Jan 2011 02:47:31 PM CST
Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
PS: It's really a shame I ever started using your software in the first place otherwise I wouldn't have to go through this mess.
Last edited by Mercury on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

the current versions of phpMyFAQ are running perfectly on XAMPP.
When I click a link in the front-end the page will jump to (as you call it) the phpMyAdmin page. Another words it's as if I clicked a link pointing to another site, except that the links on my front-end point to articles on my site.
I don't understand you... sorry!? Can you please provide some screenshots what you are doing and what's working wrong for you?

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

No amount of screen shots is going to bring you up to speed.
Thorsten wrote:the current versions of phpMyFAQ are running perfectly on XAMPP.
I only have your word to take for that and I see no reason to believe you. If your software does run perfectly in XAMPP then why did you tell me to make these changes?

Did you install your software in XAMPP? If you did I’m certain you would see for yourself what’s wrong.

I am going to ask you a question and if you fail to answer then this is my last post. Will you install your softwaware in XAMPP so you can experience for yourself what’s wrong?

Installing your software in XAMPP is really a minor task.
www.puppylinuxforum.org
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

it's not that easy. I have my own Apache, MySQL and PHP setup on my Mac and 2 virtual machines running Windows and Linux.

I didn't find any out of the box XAMPP image running in VMWare. I'll download Puppy Linux as VM and I'll install XAMPP on it for you.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

Puppy Linux 4.3.1 is running:
Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-17 um 20.53.01.png
bye
Thorsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amazon.de Wishlist
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

as always I have problems with the fucking Linux network driver. Give me some days for that.

bye
Thorsten
amazon.de Wishlist
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I know of no reason why you can’t install XAMPP and phpMyFAQ without a network driver. IMO neither is a network dependent, at least not while running in XAMPP. But if you feel you must have it to get XAMPP and your software to work then so be it.

I better amend that statement. I have never used a VM so you may know something I don’t.
www.puppylinuxforum.org