Integrate myfaqphp with osticket

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

andrew55

Integrate myfaqphp with osticket

Post by andrew55 »

I would love to get the updated version of the mod as seen here:
http://osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2359

I worked on it for several hours but was not able to get it to function with the newer versions of osticket and phpmyfaq.

I seemed to be having the most problems with the edits in index.php in phpmyfaq. Also, I got lost on how to grant user permissions in the phpMyFAQ database as suggested by Silky Mesmeriser.

I think this mod would be a great addition to integrate the two programs together. If anyone has better coding experience than me, I would love any suggestions for getting this up to date.
Thorsten

Re: Integrate myfaqphp with osticket

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

how fast do you need this modification? As far as I see I could add it to the main phpMyFAQ distro.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist
andrew55

Post by andrew55 »

I have a client that is pressuring to get something like this set up quickly. From what I could see, most of the work has been done in the post that I mentioned, with the exception of the index.php issue.

Then again, this is a open source project and I'm just appreciative to have access to the program at all - so I really can't complain about anything. I thought about finding a php developer, but that's out of my budget at this time. If anybody can figure it out soon, that would be great. If not, I will wait patiently.
mathesonian

Post by mathesonian »

I would love to see this as well. We are using osticket currently at my company and we are thinking about using phpmyfaq as well.
bobchain

Post by bobchain »

We are using phpmyfaq 2.9.1 in our company with excellent results, now that we have also implemented the ticket management with OSTicket 1.12, being able to integrate the two instruments would be the top!