LDAP Group Question

In this board you can talk about general questions about phpMyFAQ

Moderator: Thorsten

Jimw

LDAP Group Question

Post by Jimw »

Hi,

Just wanted to start by thanking you for such a great piece of software, I have been struggling to find something suitable to use as an internal knowledge base for some time and phpmyfaq is exactly what I've been searching for. I'm currently running v3.0.0 in a windows environment.

I was just hoping for some more information on the LDAP/AD integration, specifically regarding security groups. Am I able to filter allowed users by ad security group? The users i want to permit are in multiple OUs, so if that is not possible would I need to setup multiple ldap servers with separate 'ldap_base' entries pointing to these individual OU's?

I was also wondering if the Dashboard Groups section refers to AD groups when LDAP is enabled, or are these completely separate? If I am not able to use AD Groups here, would users first need to login before I can assign them to these Groups (to allow various posting permissions)?

Apologies if any of this has been documented or answered elsewhere, I have searched to the best of my ability but have only found reference to 'constants_ldap.php' which appears to no longer be used.

Thanks in advance

Jim
Thorsten

Re: LDAP Group Question

Post by Thorsten »

Hi Jim,

the phpMyFAQ groups are not integrated with LDAP groups, sorry.

The stuff from constants_ldap.php moved into the main admin configuration in v3.0, so it's easier to change stuff here.

bye
Thorsten
phpMyFAQ Maintainer and Lead Developer
amazon.de Wishlist